Here’s one way to tell the story of the Sydney Story Factory so far - by the numbers.
In the (almost) four years we’ve been open, we have:
- Taken over 8,000 student enrolments, with 22% Indigenous, 43% from language backgrounds other than English, and the majority from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Built a community of 600+ awesome volunteers.
- Delivered thousands of hours of creative writing workshops and personalised tuition.
- Established a place in the local community and a reputation for educational excellence.
- Seen our work recognised with Cath's 2016 Australian of the Year Local Hero award.
But we prefer to tell it a different way.
We prefer to tell the stories of the young people whose lives have been changed through creative writing and storytelling. Like Keira's.
At the Sydney Story Factory Keira's discovered how much she loves writing, and she's flourishing at school. You can read more about Keira and how her life has changed since she unleashed her creativity in our creative writing workshops HERE.
Keira's is just one of the stories we could tell.
We need your help. It’s only because of the generosity of our wonderful supporters that we can continue to make a difference.
We rely on donations to keep the creativity flowing.
Be part of the story. Please, DONATE today.