Markus Zusak's much-loved The Book Thief has been turned into a film by Brian Percival (Downton Abbey), starring Geoffrey Rush and Emily Watson. We are thrilled that Markus will host a special fundraising screening of the film at 5pm on Thursday, January 9th, 2014 - the day of its Australian release - at the glamorous Golden Age Cinema in Surry Hills.
Tickets are $200 and include:
- a ticket to the private screening (max 56 people)
- your chance to ask Markus questions during the Q&A afterwards
- champagne and nibbles on arrival at the cinema
- a limited edition hardback of the book personally signed to you by Markus
- a letter from Markus thanking you for your support of the Sydney Story Factory
It's the perfect Christmas gift for the book-lover in your life. We'll gift wrap and send out the tickets and a card, and books can be collected from Markus at the screening, when he'll inscribe them to you.
You can also upgrade your package to include dinner with Markus afterwards in the private room at Longrain restaurant for $1,000 per head.