Our Mission and Purpose
At the Sydney Story Factory we’re on a mission to change the lives of young people, especially those from marginalised backgrounds, through creative writing and storytelling.
We make writing fun and rewarding, boost their confidence and send them back out into the world equipped for success.
Every day, we set out to:
- Run innovative and fun creative writing programs, with expert teaching and one-on-one tutoring.
- Encourage young people to communicate ideas, giving them more confidence in their skills, themselves and each other.
- Create and sustain a vital contribution to the community, by respecting and giving voice to the stories around us.
All our creative writing workshops, projects and programs are designed by creative writing and literacy experts to:
- improve young people's written and oral communication skills;
- enhance self-confidence and self-efficacy;
- nurture creativity and empathy; and
- deepen engagement with learning.